January 27, 2010

Absence

Do you ever get that sense of impending doom when you know you’re going to lose something valuable? It’s not even so much that you’ll miss it specifically but you’ll miss having it there. You don’t long for what you lost; you long to fill the void. Until that spot in your heart is replaced you just feel sort of empty. It’s why we text her at 3 AM; it’s why we snort her at 4. You need that certain something. It just feels good to have that warm feeling on a lazy Sunday afternoon; even if it isn’t perfect. Now that it’s almost gone what will I do? I know you’ll be back in September but until then I’ll miss you NFL.

P.S. Saints by 6

7 comments:

  1. Christopher, you sound like my husband! He's suffering from withdrawal symptoms already. You'll be all right until then. Maybe a bit dazed at first, but you'll be all right. :-)

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  2. duuuude. and just for one sec i thought you had something deep to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. In the sports sence at least not having it means you're not drinking as many beers and eating so much shitty food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought you were getting sentimental on me. I will miss football season though. Even though my teams are already long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! i was reading this thinking how lovely it was and then it was about football haha.
    brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI, I work at the Westin Beach Resort in Ft. Lauderdale now. That's the hub hotel for the NFL :D I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a good week at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet ... ah oh ... ha ha.

    I always wondered why guys texted at 3am ... Always thought that there was ulterior motive, perhaps influenced by alcohol .. now I know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...