February 13, 2010

Old Habits

“Give me a cigarette, will ya?”
“Really? I thought you quit?”
“I did, this doesn’t count.”
“How do you figure?”
“Just give me a fucking smoke, I’m too stoned for this shit.”
“Come to think of it, didn’t you quit that too?”
“I did.”
“So what the fuck?”
“I’ve quit doing a lot of things in my life. It’s how I find balance. I only overindulge in a few things at a time, it’s called moderation you jackass.”
“You can’t use ‘moderation’ and ‘overindulge’ in the same sentence.”
“I just did.”
“Tobacco and marijuana all in the same day. That means you gotta give something up.”
“I'm gonna abstain from abstinence. You gonna give me a cig or not?”

Spark. Inhale.

“Ahhhh, thanks.”
“Sure thing Mr. Clean Cut.”
“Ha.”
“Seriously man, you've got a good job, don’t they drug test you and shit?”
“They did when they hired me. Since then we’ve had an agreement.”
“Agreement?”
“I don’t go to work fucked up and they let me keep my piss.”
“I don’t know, you just seem a little old to be getting stoned with me still.”
“You’re older than me!”
“Yea, but I’m a fuckup.”
“I don’t know. Sometimes you just feel like smoking a little pot. Doesn’t help that you’re watching The Wall.
“Great now you’re gonna get fired and say it’s my fault. Don’t blame me, blame VH fucking 1.”

Conversation fades away.
Hey you, standing in the road
always doing what you're told,
Can you help me?
Hey you, out there beyond the wall,
Breaking bottles in the hall,
Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall.
“That shit gets me every time.”
“Haha, me too.”
____
Image taken from: http://www.pollsb.com/polls/floyd

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha. Interesting.Or is it? Old habits. I've come across real live people addicted to chemicals which mess them up, Man. I've loved some people like that...One, of the chemicals I understand least, is this marijuana stuff.....It is perhaps, the one, I detest the greatest. Because, I don't understand it...Sure, as a young girl..teen friends lead me down the wrong path...and, I got high. UGGHHH, I hated it, the whole world was in slow-mo...slow motion. It was awful, horrid. I didn't like it; I actually craved and ate, bacon with salt on it after getting high once, it was stupid, crazy and too much for me. Plus, this drug has a damaging effect on a man's sperm. It is the main cause for ADHD, ADD in children.
    Why would a man ruin his off spring in such a way? Such a manner? Life is difficult enough, Why make it harder? It made/makes no sense to me. It's all about the sperm, It is all about the sperm...Now, this is an odd conversation? Ha hah ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection.

    Who are you?
    I love you.

    Don't tell my boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant post! I'm tryna quit smoking too...man it's hard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've had this conversation before. Sometimes it just doesn't matter, sometimes we need to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahah "you can't you moderation and overindulge in one sentence".

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Me: "It's all about the sperm" You should consider putting that on a tshirt.

    Kassandra: Love ya back.

    P.T: Good luck with that!

    Eva: I'm of the opinion that if I have an option between indulging and not indulging 9 times out of 10 I'm going to indulge. So long is it isn't really harmful (a little harmful is fine).

    Ashlie: Welcome!

    Sarah: Thanks that was one of my favorite parts too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...