February 26, 2010

Silence

It's official. 80% of people think playing music on your page is fucking annoying. I hate to admit it because I played songs that made me happy and depressed all week. If Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, B.B. King and Right Said Fred aren't enough to convince people that randomly started playlists are a value to mankind then anyone besides Mick Lennon, Jr. won't make a difference. Apparently, people play their own stolen music when they browse blogs, who knew? Don't be upset people, just relax. If we were meant to be disc jockeys we wouldn't be up at 3 AM blogging. I'll go back to pretending I grew up in a decent music decade but it really doesn't matter. The thrill is gone, it's gone away for good.

I leave you with one last annoying song. I have a hard time finding someone like Lupe Fiasco that is willing to broach difficult topics. I admire a man that is willing to use his vast writing talents to bring attention to terrifying social questions when he could make much more money talking about bitches and switches and hoes and clothes.

I killed another man today,
Shot him in his back as he ran away,
Then I blew up his hut with a hand grenade,
Cut his wife's throat as she put her hands to pray,
Just five more dogs then we can get a soccer ball,
That's what my commander say,
How Old?
Well I'm like ten, eleven, been fighting since I was like six or seven,
Now I don't know much about where I'm from but I know I strike fear everywhere I come,
Government want me dead so I wear my gun, I really want the rocket launcher but I'm still too young,
This candy give me courage not to fear no one,
To fear no pain, and hear no tongue,
So I hear no screams and I shed no tear,
If I'm in your dreams then your end is near.

Now here comes the march of the boy brigade
A macabre parade of the toys he made
And in shimmer shades who looks half his age
About half the size of the flags they waved
And camouflage suits made to fit youths
'cause the ones of the dead soldiers hang a little loose
With AK-47's that they shooting into heaven
Like they're trying to kill the Jetson's
They struggle little recruits
Cute, smileless, heartless, violent
Childhood destroyed, devoid of all childish ways,
Can't write their own names or read the words that's on they own graves
Think you gangster popped a few rounds?
These kids will step in and murder a whole town,
Then sit back and smoke and watch it burn down,
The grave gets deeper the further we go down


- Lupe Fiasco, Little Weapon

4 comments:

  1. Here's the tihng. I LOVE music. I love it in most genres too. It's just as you said, I am playing my own most of the damn time because I love it so much!
    I have been tempted to put a player on my site too because I'd like to think I have pretty good taste in music and others need to learn about these amazing bands..(lol) but I have not because I get annoyed at it and so that would be hypocritical of me, non?

    I am looking into a player which does not play automatically when you view my site but one that has songs ready to play should someone wish to have a listen...I am sure they must make something like that out there?...I am new to blogland..(sorta) I had another one but I never really used it much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm yes an interesting one, but I am on the side of the bus that says 'Oh fuck, what was that??!!' when I open a page and some prepubescent chipmunk starts squawking at me.
    That said, I do like the OPTION of pressing play if a youtube clip pops up as music does and can be used effectively as a background to strong emotional pieces of writing. Much like Raggedy Andie says.
    Music is my life. But music rammed down my throat, without my 'permission' as such is not.
    ps It is 5.45am and the caffeine has yet to tickle my brain cells.....
    Another well researched blog young man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i can say is if i cared what people thought that deeply i wouldn't have a blog in the first place...and i have some blog buddies who, through their blogs, have introduced me to some tunes i never would have heard in my non-blog world, and therefore got me to buy the artist on iTunes...so someone is making money...

    Raggedie Andie - playlist.com, my music source, allows you to customize it so it can start automatically OR not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christopher Robin,
    I am not annoyed, at all by the music...Sorry, I didn't vote. Herein lies, the problem, for voting. The ones, who could make a difference, Don't, take the time to. I apologize, I had no idea, it meant this much. Or, I surely would have followed through. I did comment, on the songs I really liked....And, I find, I do like your taste in music, is lively. And, I absolutely love Hip hop....It all isn't hoes, and bitches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...