March 3, 2010

Voices

She looks up and smiles.

I can still hear her, smell her and taste her on my lips.

I chit, she chats. She flirts, I flirt. I laugh, she laughs.

She’s still on my mind. I’m just a bit distracted.

She buys me a drink, it’d be rude to refuse.

I check my phone, a text. “Coming over 2nite? :D“, it says.

Two car doors open, two car doors shut. Anticipation drips out of my pores.

“Not feeling too good babe, maybe tomorrow” is my reply.

The key turns and the deadbolt clicks. Desire rages.

I keep seeing her in flashes so I strangle her image. I’ll conquer the guilt.

Our bodies embrace, entangled against the wall.

She’s a distant memory, a phase passed long ago.

I follow her to the bedroom. A faint presence tries holding me back. I run my hand through her hair. I hear cries from under the pillow. I push her face into the pillow.

I muffle their screams. I’ll destroy the guilt and pain. I won’t stop until my hunger is sated.

I collapse. Both of them silenced, gone forever.


I look at her and feel ravenous disgust.

I long for her voice but hear only silence.
____
Image taken from: http://www.askapril.com/images/articles/silent-struggles-jpg.jpg

7 comments:

  1. Christopher, I loved this to bits and pieces. The bipolar double scenario was like one hell of a roller coaster ride. High emotion... blank blank blank. Awesome!

    BTW, "Anna Karenina" rocks!

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think this may be my favorite thing you've written. It is so powerful. Stained with torment, desire and regret. Sometimes we take it all to be left with nothing. I really can't tell you how much this spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I thought I knew what was happening...he cheats with another woman. But at the end??

    He turns evil...much moreso than just a cheater...

    Intense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read it again and it brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nevine: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yea, I'm loving the book so far.

    Eva: Thanks so much.

    Kathryn: Glad you enjoyed the ending.

    Kanwalful: That's so sweet, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...