April 28, 2010

Dandelion

Have you ever had something so fragile that a small gust of wind could blow it away? I remember being a kid and picking up dandelions after they had seeded. It's fun to blow on them and watch as they scattered. I can't think of anything that makes a person feel like a happy kid than blowing dandelion seeds everywhere. It just conjures up beautiful, warm and fuzzy memories. Can you ever remember puckering up and exhaling on a freshly plucked dandelion and feeling sad? It's impossible. Lately I've been thinking about how I live my life and the choices I've made. Most of them have been good, some mediocre and some were just downright stupid. Now when I pick up a dandelion I think about puffing up and blowing, enjoying it temporarily and take a moment to decide against the fleeting fun. Now I want to pick it up, shelter it, and enjoy it for what it is. Something completely unique deserves care, time and respect. When I pluck you I want to savor you.

9 comments:

  1. Dandelion ... love this: I realise I don't give dandelions the respect they deserve; they being weeds an' all. :) Also need to give greater appreciation to being 'plucked and savoured'. Relationships are fragile, confusing ... delicious and HELL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice insight. I think so many of life's most precious things ever are delicate, and fragile. Friendship, love and just every day moments of living in the world with other folks. I don't think, a lot of the time we get extra or more chances to re-live something we once had. We might; But, a second chance will not be like the first. People themselves are fragile, delicate...and more than that they are broken-fractured-stained-cracked....and don't even know it. I hope you find, that special-perfect and beautiful dandelion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the last part the most.

    This is really lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh I liked this one. Never much liked dandelions...but I just might give um a chance cuz you like them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. best last line ever.

    dandelions? i pluck them, cover them in my hands, walk them to the street then blow on them...wish up on another yard, i suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still want to pluck them and blow them away in the wind. Not sure what that says about me. This was a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to run the motor mower over them, or pour boiling water on them to destroy them as they are an incredibly noxious weed in my area. But that misses the point. I do like the idea of capturing those, or at least some of those fleeting moments in my life that tend to waft away in the proverbial wind of time, never to be seen again.
    Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To this day, I still can't bear to walk past a dandelion without making a wish on it. I guess their allure is universal, unless you're a gardener of course LOL @ Dan for bringing such a pretty post down with a bump :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...