The 1960's has long been the decade I thought would have been best suited for me to come of age in. Here's a few of the reasons:
- It was a time of great political and social change that I could have really added some great fiery rhetoric to.
- Open-mindedness was espoused as a virtue.
- The music was awesome. Stones? Beatles? Dylan? Hendrix? Davis? Coltrane? Clapton? This decade had it all. Legendary songwriters, technically proficient musicians, desire to experiment and larger than life personalities that no decade can musically match.
- Everyone was f'n everyone. Birth control had been invented and AIDS hadn't!
- Looking back on it the whole thing just seems like one giant roller coaster ride and I like my decades like I like my women, emotionally unstable.
Any other old souls out there? Anyone else feel like they should have come of age at a different time?