November 26, 2010

I Won!

I recieved this mysterious package in the mail today:


My first reaction was to put my ear close to it to listen for a ticking sound. Satisfied that it wasn't a bomb sent by one of my many enemies I decided it was safe to open. Look what was inside:


Books! Awesome writing books! But... why?

Because I won a contest held by the lovely, talented and inspirational Elle Strauss. I'm currently making an effort to take my writing a little more seriously lately so I couldn't have won these at a better time. I know they'll be good because Elle has one of the best blogs about the art and craft of writing that I've come across. I'm not just saying that because she gave me free stuff either, I can't be bought that easily (without alcohol). Seriously go give her blog a look if you're interested in writing at all (click here for Elle's blog).

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Mystery package! Free books! My mail sucks.

    http://idlefascination.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice going!!!
    Congratz!!!!


    So, what you gonna be writing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O SCORE! EPIC SCORE!!!

    Please excuse me while I go stalk the hell out of ehr blog :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one - you can never have too many books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, Chris. Time to start seriously thinking about that novel, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha nice to know I'm not the only one who freaks out a little when recieving packages. ;)

    Congrats on winning the giveaway. That's awesome. Those look like great books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for the shout out, Christopher! I'm glad you won!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow! Congratulations! You're really an excellent writer. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, I wasn't dressed as a furry. FUCKING FURRIES!!! *Shudders* I had no idea what I was doing, ay. You'll do a much better job than my spastic ramble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! What a lovely package to receive in the mail.

    Every birthday I get a book from my brother. He reads it first to make sure it's worth reading. Of course I do the same to him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome bunch of books to have, Christopher! And you're a great writer, already. But we writers are always looking for ways to improve, aren't we? I wish you happy reading and I'm looking forward to reading more and more of your work.

    And hey, thanks a million for your show of support.

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...