November 7, 2010

(No) Kudos...

... to MSNBC for having integrity and suspending Keith Olberman for donating to three Democratic candidates for Congress. While I'm generally in favor of people supporting Democrats it's nice to see at least one news network trying to avoid conflict of interest issues unlike another network that actually has a number of potential presidential candidates on it's payroll.

UPDATE: Apparently NBC has decided that a two-show suspension was enough for Keith Olberman forcing me to take back everything I said about them involving integrity.  Seriously, I've seen NBA players get punished worse for talking bad about the referees.

5 comments:

  1. actually sticking to journalistic integrity - awesome! (sucks that it's so rare...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that was short lived. Just when you think they are doing the right thing, they manage to prove your cynicism is justified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. I like it that the title of your blog post is kudos. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno, I think the double standard is pretty stupid and was disappointed they even suspended him. He's a commentator, not a reporter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But at least NBA players are respecting the refs. That's something, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...