February 16, 2011

Bernard Pivot Blogfesty Goodness

Bernard Pivot: French interviewer guy who started asking everyone on his show a standard ten questions.

James Lipton: Asked the same questions here in the U.S. on Inside the Actors Studio.

Nicole Ducleroir: A fellow blogger holding a blogfest in which everyone answers those ten questions. You can find her blog by clicking here. Once there you can check out all the other entries.

Christopher Allen: Completely forgot about this blogfest until today and is quite happy to have been reminded because he had no ideas for a blog today and that was annoying him.

1. What is your favorite word?
  • Decadence. I have a real passion for pleasure. Plus I like the way the word bounces around your tongue.
2.  What is your least favorite word? 
  • Actually. Although you probably wouldn't be able to tell because I actually use it way too much.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? 
  • Emotion. I'm a pretty laid back person and I rarely outwardly exhibit much emotion. I can at times come across as apathetic and I think that's why I'm so inspired by it when I see an outpouring of pure emotion from someone else.
 4. What turns you off?
  • Authority. I'm not really a rebel or anything. I just don't respond to being told what to do, at all.
 5. What is your favorite curse word? 
  • Fuck. It's just so fucking versatile. It's also one of my favorite activities.
 6. What sound or noise do you love?
  • Breakfast Cooking. There is no more pleasant sound then waking up to the sound (and smell) of bacon frying.
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
  • Ice Chewing. I absolutely cannot stand it when people chew on ice. It drives me insane for some reason.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
  • Guy on the Couch. I'm pretty good at schmoozing and bullshitting. I think I could have been pretty good at mooching. Of course, those traits would also make me a good Congressman. 
 9. What profession would you not like to attempt? 
  • Farming. I'm a city guy through and through. A rural setting would make me insane. Plus, I think animals are a bit overrated.
 10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
  • I'll forgive you for being an atheist if you can forgive me for allowing George W. Bush to be unleashed on the world.

16 comments:

  1. Decadence...that does roll off the tongue just right. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice chewing and jobs on the farm - they are the anti-experiences ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christopher! GREAT answers! Why DO people chomp on ice? Makes me crazy too. Breakfast sounds and smells make any day perfect. And your answer to #10 goes in today's category 'amongst the best I've read'!

    Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see James Lipton's face if you answered number 5 on his show exactly as you did here. Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we're almost the exact opposite. Except for the couch thing. It truly is my favorite place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I should try this.
    Probably not tonight, which kind of ruins the whole idea, I guess.
    But still.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny how that curse word is everybody's favorite activity. Well, isn't it? ;)
    Excellent post, Christopher Allen. Happy to have this intimate studio moment with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "the sound of bacon frying" and "animals are overrated"...ahh, the irony.

    i always think of will farrell's impression of james lipton on SNL when he would pronounce bernard's last name, hehee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your curse word answer was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No.6 is my favorite :)

    And ice crushing? Wow I hate that too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say 'actually' and 'basically' all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer: I enjoy it, all the extremely obscure ones seemed to have already been taken by the time I got mine up. Thanks for coming by!

    Elaine: I couldn't agree more, and thanks for stopping by!

    Nicole: I had a blast with it, it was a great idea. Thanks for hosting it!

    Jo: Ha! I wonder if he'd think I was coming on to him? Or maybe it'd just be the look in my eyes. Kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelly: Ha! Well at least there is something we can relate on!

    KatyDid: It was a fun set of questions, I'd like to see your answers. Give it a shot.

    Jayne: I'd hope so! If it's not they're definitely doing something wrong. Glad you enjoyed it.

    Eco: Ha, I guess I didn't much thought into consistency. Woops.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peridot: Thanks!

    DL: Thanks, I was hoping everyone would get a kick out of it.

    Apfel: Yea, we've discussed that. We're both definitely breakfast people.

    Kev: damn me too, actually took first place though

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmmm. Bacon.

    Thanks for sharing your answers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...