February 11, 2011

My First Love

With Valentine's day around the corner and amor in the air, I can't help but reminisce about my own first love and look back fondly at those tender lost years.

She may have looked like the illegitimate lovechild of Tyler Perry and Mickey Rourke, but she was the first to school me in the ways of forbidden love.

She had luscious gray locks that would make any Brillo pad rust green with envy.

Her perfume smelled of pot and popcorn. I still look over my shoulder at the movie theater, hoping she might be there.

She was not as pretty as Johnny Depp, but when her hands slid down the front of my jeans I could almost feel the graceful touch of Edward Scissorhands.

My heart still flutters when I think about how lucky I was to be the last stop on her bus route year after year.

Image taken from here: http://www.whps.org/physed/Heart%20button%20page.htm

15 comments:

  1. Tyler Perry AND Mickey Rourke... how does that work? Is Mickey Rourke... a woman?

    If so, I would like to stress that I would not hit that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap snap.. Edward Scissorhands?! I am sure that must have felt really exotically special :P Ah the ways of Forbidden Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember that scent. That was an easy enough bottle for me to find back then. The boys did dig it. ;)
    Flutter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting imagery with that bus stop. Time for the next bus I guess.
    Nahno ∗ McLein

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol pot and popcorn. Are you serious?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa. Way creepy.

    http://swordsintoplows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks. i was eating when i read this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cracked me up.
    It reminded me of Tom Waits’ lines from Ken Nordine’s “A Thousand Bing Bangs”:

    “She lived in trailer park under the bridge, and she made her own whiskey and gave cigarettes to kids…
    And her lips were like cherries, and she was stronger than any man, and she smelled like nutmeg and piss
    And she put mud on a bee sting I got at the crick, and she gave me my very first kiss”

    Actually, yours might have been a little more disturbing…

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still think about that date as well ;) You know where to find me this Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it .... bus memories are good, I got my first kiss in the back of the bus !!!
    Love the reference to her Edward Scissorhands touch !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine: Glad you enjoyed it.

    Kev: I have the feeling Tyler Perry would be the woman in that situation. Thankfully this is just a work of fiction and I didn't hit that either. So the story goes...

    Apfel: Oh yes. Like making love to a drawer full of knives!

    Jayne: Ha, I think we all smelled like pot and popcorn at one time in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nahno: Glad you liked the imagery. Thanks for stopping by my blog, come back anytime!

    watchmen: Serious as a heart attack.

    Zev: Partly what I was going for there!

    Eco: Anytime darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. KatyDid: I like that. Glad you got a laugh out of it.

    Shelly: I'll meet you at our special spot. The mattress under the bridge by the interstate.

    Mandy: Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jaded, but still smiling. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...