March 20, 2011

ChrisNotes 3/20

Announcements:

About Me Page. I've added one, you can go look at it if you want. I'd like to start utilizing the pages feature more. I'm thinking that I'll add a best of/on the issues page in the near future. Any specific posts you think I should include on that page? I'll probably try to rethink the Contact Me page because no one has ever used it so I'm going to make it more relevant somehow. What the hell else do people use pages for? I'd be curious to know if any of you are doing something cool with yours.

F*&^ March Madness! My bracket is complete s***. Seriously, I think every team I picked besides UConn has been eliminated. I guess when you only start paying attention to college basketball the day before the tournament begins you can't really be that surprised when your picks suck. The Illini need to shock the world and beat up Kansas tonight before I start losing interest. There have been some really incredible games so far though.

Go Look!

Kanwalful Meets World was one of the first blogs I followed when I started up on Blogger. It is run by a very passionate, intelligent, opinionated and all around wonderful young Pakistani woman who just happened to relocate to Bahrain the very day the protests in Egypt began. The From inside of Bahrain series she has been writing about her own experiences during the unrest in Bahrain has kept me enthralled and I find myself dying to know what she encounters next. You should really go check it out, her page makes for great reading.

From inside of Bahrain; Part II; Part III; Part IV; Part V.

Random Tweet of the Week from @ntsfrmundergrnd :









Comment of the Week: 

EcoGrrl from This Is EcoGrrl... left this comment on the blog in which I asked everyone to interpret my crazy Jimmy Stewart dream: 
you're pregnant.
Yikes! Come to think of it, my monthly visitor hasn't shown up yet... 

Netflix Stream Movie of the Week: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Steve Martin at his best just takes me to a warm place. At a time when there is so much misery in the world, we need these sorts of comfort comedies more than ever. At some point during the week there will be a moment when you'll be in a bad mood, crabby and just about to take it out on someone you love. Instead of doing that, remember that I told you to watch Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, start up Netflix and curl up with your significant other. This movie will cheer you up and make you the happy person you deserve to be. Your lover will thank you, hell, you'll be in such a good mood that you might even get some dirty rotten sex afterward. Click here to read my full review. 

Question Answered 

Well, it would be if you would have asked it anyway. I'd like to add a Q&A section to ChrisNotes in which I answer a question from the previous week. So you know, ask me something if you're curious about anything.

Coming Soon to NoFU:  
  • Funny observations from hauling old people around.
  • The need to bury your head in the sand sometimes.
  • My thoughts on the new developments in Libya. 
  • Battle of the Sexists

11 comments:

  1. great blog
    following and $upporting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello hello. You made my day by writing SO many good things about me. Thanks! =)

    Also, you might want to add a disclaimer page. Check out mine for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot say this enough, I heart ChrisNotes! I am so downloading that movie :) You should add your controversy series to the "best of" page! I loved the post on Race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of quant sites now which analyze College Basketball much better than I ever could like kenpom.com. Thus I use them while cross referencing the Vegas lines to make my picks. So at least I can argue that I have a wisdom of the crowds power when my bracket blows up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About Me is a nice addition. I didn't know that you're a bench sleeper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeeeeah boyyyyyy (in my best flava flav imitation)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. i'm here now:

    http://likeblindedeyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like i know you better now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finding you on twitter riiiight meow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm digging the about me. So... it's safe to say you're homeless, and typing all of these up from the nearest library?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for battle of the sexys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...