March 12, 2011

Coitus Interruptus

Over the last year or so I've been reading Freud's The Interpretation of Dreams. It's pretty interesting for an academic work but I can still only get through so much of it at a time. One of the parts I found most amusing was that he found coitus interruptus to be a cause of neuroses. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Latin, coitus interruptus refers to the "pulling out" method of birth control popular with men who successfully argue that it just "feels better".

Any male that has ever practiced coitus interruptus can testify to the fact that pulling out does indeed cause neuroses. It's symptoms include obsessively checking her belly to see if it's gotten any bigger; extreme anxiety until she has her next period; and in extreme cases, eighteen years of baldness, poverty and awaking early on Saturday mornings.

This has been a public service announcement from the medical staff at NoFU.

13 comments:

  1. I...I...I'm not even sure what to say...other than, well...How does pulling out feel better?


    ...Eww, I think I need a shower after asking that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interruptus or no, i suffer from that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, that's why the pill is such a nice thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I had no idea that pulling out felt better! I always got the impression guys were annoyed by it. :P

    But yeah, I can totally understand how it would cause neuroses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can tell from that picture that freud got laid a lot. he has that sort of naughty boy snarl that i personally find irresistible...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Possibly the best PSA ever! :D

    *ROFLs uncontrollably*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coitus Interruptus causes "Babies"

    ReplyDelete
  8. [Original comment deleted in the name of good taste. It's too soon with this new forum for me to start offending everyone. I'll just say it involved belly buttons and towels.]

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW how did I not see this until now? I appreciate this post, I know it was for me, thank you.

    I happened to be reading Cosmo this weekend, because yes I read Cosmo a lot, and they said that "pulling out" is the least effective birth control method. So guess what, wrap that shit up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend got pregnant from coitus interruptis, but I am pretty sure she was neurotic before too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need 'coitus starrtus' first before I can practice this particularly interesting form of baby stopping behaviour.
    I don't have to smoke a cigar though do I?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Freud even though he pisses me off at times. Just because I like dick doesn't mean I want to have one of my own, attached to my body.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...