April 5, 2011

(Fake) Blog Awards!

If you've been blogging for any length of time then I'm sure you're aware of the existence of blog awards. It's nice to get recognition from your peers but often you get awards that don't seem to have anything to do with your blog. For example, I once received the Irresistibly Sweet Award and that's not really my style. Just ask any of my ex-girlfriends.

It got me thinking, what if blog awards were representative of what blogs were actually about? So I made a bunch of them. I thought about giving them out, but I get the feeling I would have probably offended some people and I wanted this to be fun. I am, however, officially awarding Shelly from Shelly Talks Too Much the first award because I know she won't get offended. Especially considering she volunteered JimKitty to be the face of the award.

If you have a sense of humor about yourself and think one of these awards fits your blog then I award it to you. Make up some rules and pass it around to those deserving of the, umm, honor. Just make sure you add a touch of sarcasm to the whole thing.

Because if it wasn't for crazy cat ladies taking pictures of their feline friends blogging would cease to exist.

You must be fashionable because you never smile and ALWAYS look away from the camera.

Because you post all of your blogs using your neighbor's WiFi.

Because you looked around and saw that there just wasn't enough useless shit being sold in America and had the courage to do something about it.

Because you wear Drew Carey glasses, prepare for the zombie apocalypse, and think people actually care.

Which I've awarded to myself.

Because if it wasn't for you none of us would know that revisions suck. You're also deserving for keeping the red wine industry alive.

Your blog sucks but we love what you've done with your layout.

I don't care about your lame cause and I'm pretty sure I'm about to find out how big of an idiot that makes me. 

If all of your daddy issues don't make us cry your bad poetry and awful grammar definitely will.

26 comments:

  1. I was thinking about posting a 'writer's / blogger's cliches' article on my blog, and the crazy cat lady award reminded me I had yet to do so... Great stuff, Chris! Spot on. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher--nice effort! Although I must say my blog isn't worthy of any of these most, er, excellent awards?? (except I do keep the red wine industry alive--but I'd like to think that I do that without the woe). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice fake awards -- all of them painfully true. I love the Etsy one. I'm sure I still have a few beaded necklaces I made in grade six kicking around. Maybe I should try and hock them on the internet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gladly accept your angry activist award! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm in the running for all the awards in order from Nerd to designer...although my header was a gift, it still reeks of dopeness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll assume the Crazy Cat Lady thing was not directed at me... (It COULDN'T BE- I was recently told I was "no lady"...

    We never did the award things at any of the other platforms I've used before blogger. I have gotten a couple now and committed the faux pas of basically ignoring them.

    This weekend, I'm going to sit down and find a moderately creative way to work them into a blog.

    Maybe I can think up some fake awards... Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you received an award and never thought it was you giving the award.

    I so agree that blog awards should represent the blog itself and your awards are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, I would probably win the Emo one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know drinking PBR made u a hipster. I thought it just meant u were broke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha priceless...woops I think I better be awarded a 'bad advertisement that once used to be a funny moniker for pictures of engaging in something stupid award'.
    Oh, I spose you had to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha this is awesome. can I also have the cat lady award? appropriately, my most recent post features several pictures of my cat. I tried to use different angles and I poked her so that she'd change positions, but you can kind of tell that I was just sitting there taking pictures of her for like...longer than I care to admit in this comments section.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's actually against my site policy to accept, re-post and pass on Blog Awards.

    But fuck me if the Woeful Writer Award didn't describe me to a t.
    I WAS going to write about the writing and editing process... but now I feel like a bloody stereotype.
    I'm going to finish that bottle of merlot now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is an award you thought you might have never seen or received, but here it is! Enjoy...

    http://izombielover.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-want-to-give-out-first-zombie-rabbit.html

    Thanks,
    Jeremy
    [iZombie]

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are hilarious. I've posted a couple when I've received them, only because I thought I'd be rude if I didn't. But I usually fail at the "pass this on" part.

    The Super Supermodel Award is my favorite. I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i always thought the award things were just ways to advertise your blog in a kinda fun way, so there's really no need for the ones you came up with to be fake. all the ones floating around now seem a bit too girly anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. JimKitty is a global phenomenon! That's my baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How about the Suicidal Clown Award...because try though they might, a lot of folks just aren't funny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm definitely candidate for the cat lady award and the woeful writer award *she says while sipping a glass of organic red wine and petting her cat*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha! These made me laugh! Must say, I'm not a massive fan of blog awards - it's great to receive them but I am RUBBISH at passing them on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahahaha!!! I am taking the Noble Narcissist Award. Thank You. :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha! That etsy award is quite funny. Infact so are the others. What's not funny is not one of them is for me. And since I didn't get any commendations or shiny awards at graduation ceremony last week..I"m a bit disappointed there is nothing here for me. Boo, maybe I'll post some cat photos up later

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea mate haha, I was awarded the prolific blogger award once. The ironic thing was that I'd only been blogging for a month, yeah real prolific!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha, these are awesome. I feel like the awards going around have really run out of steam. Maybe I can steal a couple of these and pass them off as real. I know more than a few people who would fit these categories. Clever clever :)
    Just randomly stopped by your site and glad I did!
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! I should totally win the Super Supermodel Award! And my picture is here to confirm it!

    *Puts hand on hip. Juts hip out. Pouts.*

    ReplyDelete
  25. I found your blog really entertaining. I'm not sure what our award would be? Maybe something like the tell it like it is award. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...