May 8, 2011

Soundtrack of our Lives

Have you ever had a moment in your life when music and magic hit you at the same time? You walk into an interesting place and an interesting song is playing as you walk in and suddenly time slows down just a little bit. For a few seconds there it almost feels like you're in a Martin Scorsese movie. You can't predict moments like that. It's never on schedule but always on time.

It's usually the most random of songs too. It might be Buddy Guy, The Foo Fighters, James Brown or Pink Floyd. When that music hits you at the right point in your life it is indescribable. You just know you're in the right place at the right time and no matter what happens, the next three minutes of your life will be entirely unscripted and completely according to plan. Maybe it's all a figment of my imagination, but I don't think so. Those single, solitary moments are what make life worth it. You can hear fate before fate grabs you and tells you what it wants from you. I'll always enjoy and savor those b-sides and I hope I have many more.
_________
Image taken from: http://www.boston.com/ae/music/blog/2008/07/

7 comments:

  1. It usually happens when I walk into a store with my head full of things I want to buy. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those single, solitary moments are what make some of us believe in art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I get that quite often. A couple of years ago I was in a state of terrible ennui after breaking up with the love of my life and I was rummaging through a second-hand record store bargain bin.
    Over the loudspeakers came 'I don't like the man that I am', a song written by the brilliant Billy Childish. It hit me like a sledgehammer in the way that it encapsulated my feelings at the time.
    Nice observation my man, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've seen some of that here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish these moments would happen more often.
    I want a soundtrack for my life. I don't want to make it, or pick it, I just want it to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, when Tiny Dancer was playing as I laid my eyes on the cutest boy. He ended up hurting me and hooking up with my friend, but hey...

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...