May 13, 2011

Standing Mute

For the last 48 hours I've been maintaining blog silence in a protest against the Chinese government's stringent censorship policies with regards to the internet. I planned this protest as a personal statement and I've been completely blown away by how the Blogger community has responded. Not only was my blog silent, but all of the blogs I follow, and thousands of others as well. I am deeply, deeply moved. Thank you for helping me to make this powerful statement. Truly, our silence has been heard.
_____
Image taken from: http://desertpeace.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/i-will-not-be-silenced-by-the-israeli-government/

7 comments:

  1. Not only that, I removed all traces of my last post from existence! I'm that committed to the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so that's where you were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I thought you were totally serious and I was really impressed by your leadership efforts in this movement, until I remembered hearing that blogger had been down during that time. Hahaha! Hey, I was out of town for three days. I didn't know! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell, my blog has been silent for about 3 weeks.

    It has been all about China's internet censorship policy and should not be mistaken for distraction...

    Because I'm hardcore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...