August 21, 2012

A World so Gray

For those of you who are unaware, I wear glasses. Well, at least when I want to see. So, unless I'm sleeping or bedding an unattractive woman I pretty much always have them on. A few months back I tried out those new fangled lenses that essentially turn into sunglasses once you go out into the sun. They work great. I've never really worn sunglasses much because I don't smoke pot anymore and I like to, you know, see.

They work wonderfully and I really like them. However, I realized today, that I've pretty much gone the whole summer without ever really seeing the sun. With these kind of lenses they are clear on cloudy days but anytime the sun is out, it gets toned down. I haven't seen sunshine in months. That's kind of sad.

Maybe tomorrow I'll let in a little glare.

7 comments:

  1. I stopped wearing glasses because I couldn't afford those kinds of lenses and not having sun-blocking abilities on a motorbike is. . . a little hazardous during certain times of day. Stupid fscking sunstrike!

    Enjoy your sunshine tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't being blind on a motorbike also kind of hazardous?

      Delete
  2. I always love when these automatic lenses take a little while to clear up. So people are indoors with sunglasses on for a while. Clearly I'm easily entertained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they don't even realize it... Hilarious! Oh wait, that's probably me.

      Delete
  3. Well, hi there, Stranger. I hope your summer was fun despite the lack of sunshine. I have the same glasses and it drives me crazy when I'm in someone's house and the sun is shining through the windows, I suddenly look like I'm wearing sunglasses! Clearly, Lorraine would get a chuckle.
    Nice to see you again, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was busy! But it was nice. I hope you've been well, Robyn. You're always a delight to hear from.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...