August 23, 2012

Let Me Stand

As I leer down at the fire below me, an overwhelming lust fills my body and I know I had to have it. I have never experienced such self-destructive desire. I want to grab it and choke it. I want to shove my hand inside it and make it mine.

It melts me, the fire. I want to be part of it. It makes my skin burn and envelops me with excruciating pain. Alas, I cannot stay away. I can keep my cool when I'm at a distance and observing it from afar. It isn't until the fire comes so close that I can feel the heat against my skin and the burning in my soul. That is when I lose all inhibition and dive in with foolish abandon.

Burn. Burn. Burn.

_____
Image taken from: http://stuffkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Fire-HD-Wallpapers-16.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever seen the film "Sunshine" - directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, 28 Days Later)?

    This short piece reminded me of the best parts of that. Your probably didn't cost $70 million to make, though.

    Unless you really jumped into a fire. In which case, it might have cost you more than cash...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much passion in this one, the kind that kills you slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Notes From Underground" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-sunday-drive_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this piece. I wanted to talk about vagina without talking about vagina.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...