February 5, 2013

Blinding Familiarity

I search for patterns. I love efficiency. Not the heartless and cold sort that you read about in dystopian alternate universes, but the simple, elegant efficiency Albert Einstein would daydream about once upon a time.

It's the little things that truly amaze me. Simple, sophisticated, why-the-f***-didn't-I-think-of-that, understated genius. From the unparallelled ergonomics of a fork to the smooth shine of an expertly bent paperclip. These things are intuitive to the touch, easy on the eyes and-mini miracles of human ingenuity that make me appreciate those whom took the time to appreciate the more mundane parts of life. Lateral thinking, when applied to routine routines is the real mechanism that sparked civilization.

It'd be a great day for Nikola Tesla day if there weren't already so many outraged nerds on that bandwagon. I want to buy a beer for the inventor of the bottle cap! If I could, I would give a high five to the guy that invented the pause button. They even made a movie about the guy who invented intermittent windshield wipers! Oh, and I'd totally blow whomever it was that invented the zipper.
____
Image taken from: http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/750881-bigthumbnail.jpg

8 comments:

  1. You are a fractal. Don't ever change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the most unique compliment of the day. I think.

      Delete
  2. The person who invented the drop spindle has my everlasting gratitude. Without it I would never be able to satiate my crafting addictions. I'd be staring at a pile of greasy sheep hair crying my eyes out in frustrated withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what that is, but here here.

      Delete
  3. I lurve the way you write! Nice to see you back, Handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! It's wonderful to hear from you as well. I trust everything has been good in your life darling?

      Delete
  4. Everything is fabulous on this end. Always exciting when you're hanging on to the edge of a Cliff.
    I hope this means we`re going to hear more from you on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! I'm going to try to blog more, no promises though.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...